Conflict & Confrontation in Student Ministry
Spencer Davis | Leader Breakout | SWO20 Wednesday Morning
Where there are people, there will be conflict. How do we handle it well?
Too often, believers lack the Biblical wisdom and practical skill needed to confront or handle conflict well. As a result, opportunities for pastoral care or personal connection become contentious, confusing, and hurtful. This breakout for student pastors explores Biblical principles needed to navigate confrontation and conflict, both pastorally and personally, and maximize the opportunities for relational grace that conflict provides.
At its root, conflict stems from improper wanting. Replace inward passions for Godward passions.
- Learn to see conflict coming in yourself.
- Look for signs that the other person is angry.
- Learn your tendencies and fight them.
- Reboot and make things safe again.
- Don’t focus on winning, focus on finding a solution.
Before/When you confront someone:
- Ask if it’s true.
- Ask them to tell you about it.
- How can we move forward?
- May I tell you what I think?
- What have you heard me say?
- How do you feel?
- James 4
- Proverbs 18
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get resources, podcast episodes, and SWO updates sent directly to your inbox.