Recommended Resources For Your Staff Application
Working on your summer staff application is a lot of fun, but it can get a little overwhelming. Here’s a list of some helpful resources for you as you complete those applications! We have also included
- ESV Study Bible: We’ve sold this Bible in our Snack Shack previously. It’s a great tool that is geared towards a more focused view of the centrality of Christ in Scripture and in our lives.
- Systematic Theology: Wayne Grudem has written an excellent book outlining theology from a systematic perspective, based on Scripture. If you don’t want to lug around the primary edition, he’s written several other works as well.
- Tell the Truth: This is a powerful book on evangelism by Will Metzger which we give to all of our institute students. It is a great resource for practical help in personal evangelism.
- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life: In this book Donald Whitney provides a list of practical spiritual disciplines which include Scripture reading, worship, silence and solitude, journaling and much more.
- 6 Doctrines Worth Dying For: Rob Conti breaks down six doctrine which are the essential teachings of Christianity. This short article is a must read before you begin your application.
- Favorite Books of SWO: Here is a massive list of SWO approved books. Search this list to find great books on a variety topics such as evangelism and counseling or biblical commentaries and hermeneutics.
- Our Mission at SWO: Read about the five missional points of SWO’s mission statement and the five core values held by all SWO staff.
- Why Do I Need The Church, If I Already Have Jesus?: Part of SWO’s mission statement is to equip the church. Written by Spencer Davis, this article explains the importance of the church for the believer.
- How to Study the Bible (SWO podcast): Spencer Davis has done this breakout at our retreats and conferences several times. He breaks down the importance of studying Scripture and provides some helpful tools along the way
- What Prayer In The Life Of A Believer Should Look Like: Prayer is a vital part of any ministry, and in this NSR podcast Brody examines Daniel’s prayer life as an example of biblical prayer.
Ultimately, when you’re working on your application, use Scripture and what the Lord has shown you in your life. We want to know you! We are praying for you and we can’t wait to work with you this Summer as we partner with churches, youth groups, and other ministries for the sake of the Gospel.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get resources, podcast episodes, and SWO updates sent directly to your inbox.