6 Doctrines Worth Dying For
What is Doctrine? Doctrine is comprised of teachings from the Bible. Major doctrines are the core, essential teachings of Christianity. To reject any major doctrine is unChristian. Scripture itself emphasizes the importance of its teachings and the severe consequences of rejection.
- The Word of God
- Inspiration, inerrancy and authority of Scripture (2 Timothy 3:16).
- God spoke through human authors, using their personalities, cultural
backgrounds, education and spoke into known constructs to reveal Himself.
- The Scriptures, in their original autographs, are without error, contradiction,
- The Bible carries the same authority as God Himself. To reject the Bible is to reject God.
- God’s nature is marked by unity, triunity, immutability, holiness, justice, love (Romans 5:8, 1 John 4:10).
- People are fallen, sinful and unable to come to God on their own.
- Final Judgment
- Hell is eternal, conscious punishment.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the third person of Trinity.
- The virgin birth, deity, humanity, sinlessness, penal substitutionary atonement, bodily resurrection, and triumphal return of Christ are doctrines that we must affirm and fight for as Christians.
- Salvation is by God’s grace. Justification comes by repentant faith — in Christ alone (Ephesians 2:1-10).
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Get resources, podcast episodes, and SWO updates sent directly to your inbox.