Resources for Biblical Masculinity
Before we get into our biblical manhood resources guide, we want to recommend our 12-day Colossians Bible study: The Preeminence of Christ.
It’s the quickest way to start a daily Bible reading habit and learn how to get more out of God’s Word. Colossians is a short and powerful letter by the Apostle Paul. It’s all about Jesus and his authority over all things. The Preeminence of Christ study will teach you how to read the Bible and apply it more faithfully to your daily life.
The Preeminence of Christ
12-Day Bible Study
This Bible study will help you set a steady pace to study the book of Colossians over 12 days. Each section highlights a particular passage, provides background context and helps the reader examine what God is saying.
Then, it finishes with a few questions to guide your personal application.
Snowbird Wilderness Outfitters exists to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the exposition of Scripture and personal relationships in order to equip the Church to impact this generation.
Let’s get into the resources guide on biblical manhood…
What Does the Bible Say About Biblical Manhood?
Here at Snowbird, we believe God has clearly designed and laid out a standard for Masculinity in His Word. We believe that God has designed and called men to lead, work, and protect in any and every part of life we find ourselves in: whether as young men, as husbands, as fathers, as pastors, as employees, and as members of the Church. This standard is what we hold to and what we boldly teach.
We have podcasts, audio files, articles, and recommended books that delve into what it means to strive and live out Biblical Masculinity. Some of these resources come from our Be Strong Men’s Conference, our Summer Campsessions devoted to biblical sexuality and leadership, and from other trusted sources.
Take a look at some of our best resources to learn more about what it means to be a biblical man.
- Biblical Aspects of Masculinity | Masculine traits and characteristics are being removed, so we need to look to the Bible and refocus on our purpose. What has God called men to do and be?
- Mindful Masculinity | Biblical masculinity requires intentional mental pursuit.
- Basics of Biblical Masculinity | What is the difference between a man and a man of God?
- Domains and Dominion | Zach Mabry talks about what it means to work and keep; God’s responsibility given to men.
- Origin of Manhood: Every Man is a Theologian | Who determines what it means to be a man and what masculinity should look like?
- Godly Manhood Doesn’t Happen by Accident | Manhood isn’t achieved over time. Manhood requires intentionality in the present.
- Redeeming Masculinity | In our culture, we have seen a shift in the definition of what it means to be a man contrary to what scripture says. In Christ, we and masculinity are redeemed.
- Masculine Virtues | Brody Holloway walks through 3 virtues of Biblical masculinity.
- Emulating Jesus as Prophet, Priest, and King | Jesus is our ultimate example of masculinity.
- God’s Original Design for Man | Adam was given responsibilities as a man that we are given too. While we and Adam fall short, Jesus succeeds.
Biblical Manhood Resources for Husbands and Fathers
- The Ephesians 5 Man | If you want to love your wife like the Ephesians 5 Man, there are 3 characteristics of active love that you need to nurture in your life.
- Parenting on Mission – Biblical parenting means that our families are focused on proclaiming the glory of God and the joy found in Christ. Hank Parker Jr. shares how to raise kids who embrace this mission and impact the culture for the glory of God.
- God’s Calling for Husbands and Wives | A godly marriage is the clearest picture of the Gospel to the lost world, but we can only love and serve each other through the power of Christ alone.
- A Parent’s Role in Their Child’s Faith – Brody Holloway shares the story of his youngest son’s salvation and gives a few helpful thoughts on how to faithfully guide your kids through conversations about their personal faith.
- Biblical Servants, Biblical Men | Strength comes from standing firm in Truth, in the face of chaos and today’s culture. Let’s dive into the Word, pursue personal holiness, and lead in our families and churches well.
- Family Matters | We need to develop a whole and healthy belief in the Word of God. Let’s pursue the Lord to be godly men, husbands, and fathers.
- Personal Bible Study & Family Discipleship | The only way to lead well in your marriage, family, and relationships is by leaning into the Lord. Here are some personal stories from John Ridenour of how the Lord has taught him to finish strong as a godly husband, father, and grandad.
- How to Be a Godly Leader in Your Home (for dads) | How do we find our identity in Christ? What do we do with our shame and regret for sin? Brody walks through a few extra questions asked by men from our most recent Be Strong Conference.
- Personal Sanctification and Biblical Marriage | The common goal of the husband and the wife should be the other’s sanctification.
Work and Masculinity
- A Biblical Theology of Work | Your work is about more than earning a paycheck. Let’s dig in and see what the Bible teaches us about our daily work.
- Christian Excellence in an Age of Mediocrity | We are ambassadors of Christ. We must pursue the Lord despite culture and the lies it says about God.
Fighting Sin / Personal Holiness
- Pursuing Sexual Responsibility as Young Men |
- Our Fight For Purity | As believers, we don’t have the option to continue walking in our sin. Our only option is to receive grace and keep fighting.
Ministry and the Church
- Defining the Man of God | The church needs men of God to lead. People say, “Relax, take it easy” but we cannot relax and take it easy when it comes to preaching the Word.
- Our Responsibility to the Local Church | What is the role of men in the local church?
- Why Do I Need the Church, If I Already Have Jesus? – What’s the big deal about joining a local church? Your church family plays a key role in every aspect of your family life. Here’s why it’s so important and how to help your family grow spiritually within your local body.
Books & Bible Studies for Men
We’ve prepped this list of recommended books from our Snowbird teachers to help encourage the habit of learning! We also encourage you to read critically and evaluate every book through the lens of the Bible.
- Family Worship: In the Bible, In History, and in Your Home – by Donald Whitney
- Father Hunger: Why God Calls Men to Love and Lead Their Families – by Doug Wilson
- Future Men: Raising Boys to Fight Giants – by Doug Wilson
- Big Truths for Young Hearts: Teaching and Learning the Greatness of God – by Bruce Ware
- Recovering Biblical Manhood & Womanhood: A Response to Evangelical Feminism – John Piper & Wayne Grudem
- The Preeminence of Christ – Snowbird Colossians Bible Study